Despite the successes of a number of dating sites in the past five years or so, some people still tend to be unconvinced with the promises of these sites due to their own discouraging experiences on dating online 交友網. However, several statistics have already proven the popularity and reliability of at least the serious dating sites. As a matter of fact, almost 40% of single men and women turn to the internet to find true love, with thousands of new members added every year. What’s more encouraging is that almost half of these members successfully find their life partner from online dating sites.
If online dating is currently not working out for you, take a break and reflect on how you have been doing with your online dating profiles 聊天話題. Oftentimes, the problem is not with the site, but with how you are handling your dating presence.
Below are just some of the online dating mistakes that you may be unconsciously making.
1) Messy Grammar – believe it or not, both sexes are easily turned off by a mere wrong usage of punctations, and other grammar slips speed dating 推介. Given that the universal language used in most international dating sites is English, it’s very important to have at least a basic writing command of the language. Good grammar also leads to better communication. This means your simple grammar mistakes could be the reason why most of your interactions online did not succeed.
2) Outdated Photos – while it is very easy to have a complete and comprehensive people, the photos you upload in online dating sites still needs to be updated regularly. It’s not enough to just put one picture out there for months. Make sure to add your best photos in all your online dating profiles at least once every two weeks. It will send a message that you are indeed available for a relationship, and is easily accessible given that your profile gets updated regularly.
3) Talking to too many people at once – it has become a common motto in dating to “collect then select”, and this is naturally easier to achieve through online dating sites. However, the collecting process could also be bringing your probability of finding a true, loving mate down. Communication experts suggest that being involved in too many conversations will reduce your chance of showing your truest self to the people your are talking to. With this, your chances of really getting to know a person dwindles, too. Authority sites in dating suggest to limit your online dating interactions to at most three options at a time.
4) Sending novel-length messages – when we find someone we like, we always have that desire to overshare, with the hopes of knowing as much from them, as well. Unfortunately, a survey conducted among men and women reveal that a very long email or message can easily get neglected, especially if it’s coming from someone who they have just met. Add some tease to your dating correspondence by trying to limit your messages and replies to at most three concise paragraphs. Besides, you will get to gauge if a person is truly interested to get to know you if they keep replying to you despite your short, mysterious messages.
5) Too much drama – this is surprisingly a mistake that is committed both by men and women in online dating sites. Using bitterness and drama in your online dating profile and correspondence will only push dating prospects away. Remember that everyone, including those who opted to join online dating sites have their own emotional baggage, and adding up to that through your drama is definitely not attractive. Exude positivity and love all the time, in order to get it in return.